Waco Tourism Industry Partner Resources
Our Waco area tourism partners frequently ask how they can better promote their tourism-related business and events, and what resources are available to support them. This is a compilation of marketing opportunities, grant resources, and other useful information for attractions, lodging properties, festivals and events, and other tourism and hospitality-related businesses and services.
Note that listing on this page is not an endorsement of any of the resources listed below, and information is provided simply as a resource for local tourism-related businesses. The list is not comprehensive but offers a good starting point. Some of the opportunities are free, some are not. Most have specific criteria for listings, applications, and submissions. Some businesses may not qualify for participation. Please visit the referenced websites for details, terms, and conditions.
WACO CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
- Click here to submit your business for listing on this website.
- Click here to update your listing on this website.
- Click here to submit your event to our Calendar of Events.
- Click here to submit special offers for large convention groups.
- Steps to Operating a Short-Term Rental in Waco
- Waco CVB Travel Trade Resources
- Click here to email Susan for information on participating in our Co-op advertising opportunities (Coupon Brochure and Visitor Guide).
- Click here to email Susan regarding website issues (broken links, etc.) and suggestions.
- Have brochures for your attraction or event? Drop some off at the Waco Welcome Center for distribution there and at the Waco Regional Airport.
- Certified Folder Display Service, Inc.
- Fort Cavazos Leisure Travel Services
- Texas Travel Information Centers
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
The Texas Travel Information Centers serve over two million visitors annually. Travelers stopping at the centers have access to approximately five million pieces of travel literature each year, making the travel information centers the largest outlet of travel literature in Texas. Your organization is encouraged to participate by distributing travel literature through the centers. Please note that all brochures must be submitted for approval prior to shipping to the Information Centers. Click here for details.
Click here to find out how to list your attraction and events in the Texas State Travel Guide and Texas Highways Events Calendar. Note that the Waco CVB updates most major attractions each year. Please check to see if you are already listed, and if your information is correct. Please be sure to review the listing guidelines prior to submitting your information.
- The Texas State Travel Guide is updated annually. Destination updates are due in late May. Existing listings will receive an email reminder in April soliciting updates. If you miss a deadline, please them of changes, additions, and deletions as soon as possible.
Each listing is reviewed to ensure that it:
- Is a cultural, historical, or recreational destination.
- Is regularly accessible to the public.
- Appeals to a broad spectrum of tourists.
- Highlights the assets of the state of Texas, rather than simply being a community amenity that primarily serves a local community or its surrounding residents.
Some destinations may have additional requirements. For example, wineries and breweries must be more than a tasting room and offer something of additional interest to tourists, such as tours.
- The Texas Highways Events Calendar is published quarterly. Be sure to submit listings by the Texas Highways Events Calendar deadlines in order to get maximum exposure.
All submissions are subject to approval.
- Winter Events (Dec, Jan, Feb): Due by September 1
- Spring Events (Mar, Apr, May): Due by December 1
- Summer Events (Jun, Jul, Aug): Due by March 1
- Fall Events (Sep, Oct, Nov): Due by June 1
Paid advertising space is available for purchase in the following TxDOT publications. Click here for details. Opportunities include print and digital placements.
- Texas State Travel Guide
- Official Texas State Travel Map
- Texas Highways Events Calendar
- Texas Highways magazine
- Texas Highways website
- Texas Highways e-Newsletters
STATE OF TEXAS AGENCIES
Listed below are a few of the dozens of THC programs:
- Texas Heritage Trails Program
- Texas Brazos Trail
- Texas Treasure Historic Business Award
- First Lady’s Texas Treasures Award
- Historic Resources Survey
- Museum Services
- Preservation Tax Incentives
- Historic Overnights
- How to Apply for a Historical Marker
- Texas Music Office’s Music Education & Community Grant Program (a.k.a. the License Plate Grant)
- Texas Music Incubator Rebate Program
- Economic Impact
- Media Production Development Zone
- The Texas Moving Image Industry Incentive Program
- Economic Impact
TOURISM AND TRAVEL INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS/PROGRAMS
- Waco Area
- Texas Association of Campground Owners
- Texas Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus
- Texas Association of Museums
- Texas Association of Venues and Facilities
- Texas Brazos Trail Region
- Texas Festival & Events Association
- Texas Friendly Hospitality
- Texas Hotel and Lodging Association
- Texas Restaurant Association
- Texas Travel Alliance
- Travel and Tourism Research Association
- American Bus Association
- American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Black Travel Alliance
- Brand USA
- Event Service Professionals Association
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Recreation and Park Association
- National Tour Association
- National Travel & Tourism Office
- Society of American Travel Writers
- U.S. Travel Association