About The CVB
The Waco Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) was established in 1983. It is a department of the City of Waco, Texas, a municipal corporation. The CVB is responsible for marketing Waco as a destination. The CVB also manages the Waco Convention Center and the Waco Welcome Center. The Convention Center & Visitors Bureau Commission is appointed by the Waco City Council.
Waco has been a destination for visitors and conventioneers since the early days of its founding in 1856. In the beginning, the process of bidding for and hosting conventions was handled by the Waco Chamber of Commerce. In 1972, the Waco Convention Center was built, and as the years passed, the need arose for a staff dedicated to marketing Waco as a destination for conventions and leisure travelers.
Today, the Waco CVB is a dynamic group of professionals active in the travel industry.
The Waco Convention & Visitors Bureau Marketing & Communications department is dedicated to helping writers and producers with their stories. Please contact either of us for assistance:
- Carla Pendergraft, Assistant Director of Tourism, (254) 750-5806, or Email Carla.
- Susan Morton, Tourism Manager, (254) 750-8696, or Email Susan.
Filming at Waco Mammoth National Monument – This attraction is part of the National Park Service. Commercial filming and photography require a permit. The permit costs $100; allow about a week for the approval process. There is no location fee for smaller shoots of 1-2 people and limited equipment, but the permit fee of $100 still applies. Official information is at https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/news/commercial-film-and-photo-permits.htm.
We work with all of these entities, as well as several others, on a regular basis.
- Brazos Trail Region
- Cen-Tex African American Chamber of Commerce
- Cen-Tex Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- City Center Waco
- City of Hewitt (Our Partner City)
- City of Waco
- City of Waco Convention Center & Visitors Bureau Commission
- Creative Waco
- Downtown Waco
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Waco Hotel & Lodging Association (see below for officers)
- Greater Waco Sports Commission
- Hewitt Chamber of Commerce
- Museum Association of Waco
- Prehistoric Texas Trail
- Waco Tourism Public Improvement District
Greater Waco Hotel & Lodging Association – Officers 2023
- President – Justin Kuzski, GM of Courtyard Marriott
- VP – Marissa Maguire, GM of AC Marriott
- Secretary – Peggy Jezek, Staybridge Suites
- Treasurer – Donna Holdbrook, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Waco South